Title: Strawberry Picker
Hours: 21-42 per week, mornings to early afternoons
Season: June to early July; excellent harvesters may be offered a different job after July 4, if wanted
Report to: Field Crew Manager
Wage: See below
Under the direction of the Field Crew Manager, the Strawberry Picker is a part- to full-time position(s) lasting for the five weeks of strawberry season. Strawberries often ripen around June 5-10th and continue till about the fourth of July. Picking generally takes place in the morning to early afternoon, three to seven days a week.
- Picking strawberries daily for 4-8 hours in all weather.
- Logging the yield and delivering berries to the farmstand.
- Following all established procedures.
- Maintaining our high harvest quality expectations.
- Willingness to work picking fruit for long periods, while maintaining quality.
- Willingness to follow sanitation procedures and wear clean work clothes.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, enjoy the outdoors (rain or shine), and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. The hourly wage is $12, or more when harvesting prowess is proven. Note: J-1 Visa students are not permitted to work in the fields, per federal guidelines.
Apply for this position
- Printable Employment Application
- Printable Employee Reference Form
Mail your completed application and any reference forms to
Morning Glory Farm
100 Meshacket Rd
Edgartown, MA 02539