Under the direction of the Field Crew Manager, the Strawberry Picker is a part- to full-time position(s) lasting for the five weeks of strawberry season. Strawberries often ripen around June 5-10th and continue till about the fourth of July. Picking generally takes place in the morning to early afternoon, three to seven days a week. Excellent harvesters may be offered a different job after July 4, if wanted. The hourly wage is $12, or more when harvesting prowess is proven.
- Picking strawberries daily for 4-8 hours in all weather.
- Logging the yield and delivering berries to the farmstand.
- Following all established procedures.
- Maintaining our high harvest quality expectations.
- Willingness to work picking fruit for long periods, while maintaining quality.
- Willingness to follow sanitation procedures and wear clean work clothes.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, enjoy the outdoors (rain or shine), and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience. Note: J-1 Visa students are not permitted to work in the fields, per federal guidelines.
Apply for this position
- Printable Employment Application
- Printable Employee Reference Form
Mail your completed application and any reference forms to
Morning Glory Farm
100 Meshacket Rd
Edgartown, MA 02539