We’re looking for a farm worker with basic video skills.
Under the direction of the Field Crew Manager, a Farmer/Field Hand works part- to full-time as part of the crew responsible for the maintenance and harvest of various crops. The farmhand/videographer is expected to work with every farm crew during the season.
One fourth of the farmhand/videographer’s work week is set aside for capturing the farm’s beauty and activity through video. Video work is separately managed by the CEO.
- Ability and willingness to work in every department on the field crew.
- Ability to follow all established procedures.
- Willingness and ability to easily advise and assist others on the crew.
- Knowledge of and passion for farming and crops.
- Ability to use a variety of tools.
- Efficiency in budgeting time and effort.
- Ability and willingness to ensure work areas, tools, vehicles and boxes are kept clean, tidy and well cared for.
Video Content Responsibilities.
- Ten hours of the normal work week are to be set aside to create video content and take pictures of the farm, its crops and its people.
- Content work will be assigned and reviewed collaboratively with Simon (CEO and lead farmer) in regular weekly meetings.
- 3-7 minutes of finished video are expected each week, turned in at the weekly meeting with Simon.
- Production values are expected to be modest. Cell phone production is expected, though a camera is available. Content is documentary in form, showing off the beauty that we farmers see every day and we think our customers want to see as well; a long row of beautiful broccoli heads is a wonderful 15 sec video to itself. Interviews, music videos, still shots, time lapse and comedy are all welcome additions.
- Weekly uploading the content to our server and tagging it appropriately.
- This job can be modified to fit a special candidate with a different approach.
- Prior farming/agriculture experience preferred.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Some private or commercial content creation experience is desired, even personal social media videos if edited.
- Please submit a short, simple demo reel of your video work.
- All content created and handed in on this job becomes the property of MGF for our unlimited use.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- U.S. driver’s license holders and non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, enjoy the outdoors (rain or shine), and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience.
Apply for this position
- Printable Employment Application
Click here to apply online.
- Printable Employee Reference Form
Click here to fill out an employee reference online.
Mail your completed application and any reference forms to
Morning Glory Farm
100 Meshacket Rd
Edgartown, MA 02539