We’ve always been farmers, here at Morning Glory. Over the years we’ve also become cooks and bakers. Our home-style dishes, fresh appetizers and signature baked goods are always made from scratch, using only ingredients we feel are equal in quality to the produce we grow on the farm.
We’re hiring bakery staff for 2017! Find out more »»
Our bakery and kitchen use the best American-grown organic flours, non-GMO cooking oils and fairly traded nuts and fruits. Wherever possible, we source from family farms and granaries and employee-owned collectives like King Arthur Flour.
“Their product is just a lot better because of the types of grains they use,” says our head baker, Korilee Connelly. “It makes a huge difference in the taste and the texture.”
Recipe: Pie Crust the Morning Glory Way »»
Here’s where we get the grains and flours for our breads, pies and other baked goods:
- Central Milling in Logan, Utah: whole wheat bread flour, rye flour, organic wheat flour
- Champlain Valley Milling Corporation in Westport, N.Y.: organic wheat and rye flours, whole, ground and cracked
- King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vt.: Sir Galahad, an all-purpose bread flour made with hard winter wheat; Sir Lancelot, a high-gluten, high-protein spring wheat flour; Organic Select Artisan, the organic equivalent to Sir Galahad
- Maine Grains in Skowhegan, Me.: rolled oats, cracked oats, wheat berries
- Mermaid Farm, Chilmark, Mass.: wheat berries
- Morning Glory Farm: cornmeal from heritage six-row flint corn
- Nitty Gritty Grain Company of Vermont in Charlotte, Vt.: cornmeal
- Dan Sternbach, West Tisbury, Mass.: wheat berries
We also bake with real buttermilk from Kate’s Homemade Butter in Minot, Me., unsalted butter from Cabot Creamery Cooperative in West Springfield, Mass. and Cabot extra-sharp cheddar from Vermont and New York state. Our cranberries come from Carver, Mass. and our blueberries from Maine.
Come in this month for a pie, some bread, a cheesy biscuit or a mammoth cookie. And watch for Korilee’s special scone creations, which — depending on her whim —may include goat cheese, prosciutto or fresh vegetables from the farm.
Morning Glory Farm Bakery Best Sellers for 2016
- Zucchini Bread
- Biscuits and Scones
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie (summer), Pumpkin Pie (winter)
- Organic Multigrain Bread