Title: Wash-Pack House Leader
Hours: 42.5 per week, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some flexibility and seasonal changes
Report to: Field Crew Manager
Wage: See below
This position fulfills the varied tasks of the wash-pack house, leading a team of three in the washing, sorting, grading and cooling of all of our farm produce. The leader oversees the packaging and final labeling of our value-added field produce. Sanitation and quality standards are paramount and the successful applicant will need both an understanding of food safety rules and the ability to keep accurate daily records in our logs. Communication with the field harvest, store and wholesale teams are among the daily tasks, as well as the harvest and final wash-pack of our flat-grown microgreens.
This year our wash-pack operation will be in a brand new, grant-funded, well-designed and spacious wash house with additional walk-in coolers, excellent wash equipment and superior drainage. This is a great job with a full 9-12 month season and room for professional growth.
- Supervise and support the wash-pack house team.
- Learn appropriate food safety rules, and apply them.
- Ensure work areas, tools and boxes are kept clean, tidy, sanitary and well cared for.
- Follow all established procedures and packing standards.
- Move quickly while supporting our very high quality standards and managing others in the same pursuit.
- Support other farm tasks when the position’s requirements allow.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial kitchen experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, enjoy the outdoors (rain or shine), and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, currently paid at $17/hr. Apply online »»