Title: Farm Cook
Dept: Kitchen & Bakery
Hours: Full time, including early mornings and weekends
Season: May to December
Report to: Culinary Director
Wage: See below
This position is central to our daily food service, which includes a soup and salad bar, carry-out dishes for the farmstand and lunch for all farm employees. We pride ourselves on using our own produce and other local ingredients in season to create outstanding food, and are looking for an experienced cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in a commercial kitchen and is capable of taking and giving direction well and multi-tasking effectively.
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items.
- Collaborate with the Culinary Director and cooks to prepare dishes.
- Maintain accurate food inventories.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures.
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts.
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial kitchen experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
- Applicants must be flexible, adaptable and able to work mornings and weekends.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company.
Compensation is based on experience, starting at $13-$22/hour.
Apply now »»