Title: Cheese Room Assistant
Dept: Kitchen & Bakery
Hours: Full time, including early mornings, nights and weekends
Season: May to December
Report to: Cheesemonger
Wage: See below
Under the supervision of the Cheesemonger, this position supports our busy cheese, charcuterie and repack program. We pride ourselves on our selection of New England cheeses, many from family farms. Pre-cut cheeses are merchandised in refrigerator cases and we put out samples daily.
- Check product dates and rotate stock daily.
- Cut, weigh and price cheeses for retail.
- Pack, weigh and label bulk products for retail.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of product prices and PLUs.
- Monitor label pricing and inform the office of discrepancies.
- Keep retail area scrupulously clean.
- Create appealing product display.
- Maintain accurate product inventories.
- Receive and properly store deliveries.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Collaborate with the Cheesemonger to provide samples.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial kitchen experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
- Applicants must be flexible, adaptable and able to work weekends.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, starting at $13-$17/hour.