Title: Office Administrator
Hours: 40-45 hours/week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some flexibility and seasonal changes
Report to: Farm CEO Simon Athearn
Wage: $18-24/hour, depending on experience
The Office Administrator supports the management team of Morning Glory Farm by coordinating the flow of materials and information between management, staff, customers and vendors and ensuring the information is accurately and clearly defined.
The right person for this job will enjoy being at the nexus of the farm, helping to coordinate the growing, cooking and sales of high-quality foods.
- Maintaining an orderly office space that serves the needs of the farm
- Ordering and maintaining office and related supplies
- Using and guiding others to use computers, phone systems and printer-scanner-fax machines.
- Coordinating requests for help and materials from managers of the Office, Farmstand, Field, Greenhouse, Cut Flower, Wholesale and Kitchen/Bakery/Value Added departments
- Handling incoming phone and email communications and finding answers to customers’ questions
- Processing and mailing invoices
- Coordinating our annual Strawberry and Pumpkin festivals
- Taking deposits and handing out keys to farm staff living in our housing
- Educating customers about Morning Glory Farm growing methods, sources of produce and seasonality of crops and answering other questions about food and what we do
- Higher education in any subject
- Experience in an office environment
- Ability to work productively on an active and dynamic farm
- Great communication skills