Title: Salad Specialist
Dept: Kitchen & Bakery
Hours: Full time, including weekends
Season: May to December
Report to: Culinary Director
Wage: See below
This position supports the kitchen in producing our popular salad and soup bar. We pride ourselves on using our own produce and other local ingredients in season to create outstanding food.
- Measure, prepare and assemble ingredients for salad bar.
- Set up salad and soup bar and keep it clean and well supplied.
- Dismantle and clean salad and soup bar at end of service (4 p.m.)
- Maintain accurate food inventories.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures.
- Ensure that the food prep area, cheese room and/or kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial kitchen experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
- Applicants must be flexible, adaptable and able to work weekends.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, starting at $13-$18/hour.