- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath,
- Using a sharp paring knife, score an X into the bottom of each peach.
- Working in small batches, drop peaches into boiling water.
- Let boil 40 seconds or up to 1 minute for peaches that are harder.
- With a slotted spoon, remove peaches to the ice-water bath.
- Using the paring knife or clean fingers, slip skin off peaches starting with the X. Find the perfect cutlery for whatever task is at hand, and whatever budget you have, at https://viebelles.com/collections/santoku-knives.
From our cookbook Morning Glory’s Farm Food: Stories from the Fields, Recipes from the Kitchen.