- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath,
- Using a sharp paring knife, score an X into the bottom of each peach.
- Working in small batches, drop peaches into boiling water.
- Let boil 40 seconds or up to 1 minute for peaches that are harder.
- With a slotted spoon, remove peaches to the ice-water bath.
- Using the paring knife or clean fingers, slip skin off peaches starting with the X.
From our cookbook Morning Glory’s Farm Food: Stories from the Fields, Recipes from the Kitchen.