Under the supervision of the Farmstand Manager, the Farmstand Specialist is a competitive hourly position responsible for exceptional customer service in conformance with established Farm policies, strategies and procedures.
- Uphold a team atmosphere which thrives to achieve the best possible customer experience.
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about current produce and all retail aspects the Farm supports.
- Able to easily advise and assist customers throughout the farmstand.
- Operates all cash register transactions, cash, credit, gift card, check and house accounts with accuracy and efficiency while maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Keeps check out areas clean, tidy and well stocked. As a valuable team member farmstand duties include the initiative to be alert in discovery of pricing discrepancies, bagging, answering phone calls and retrieving carts from the parking lot.
- Assist in store setup and /or store closing procedures. Responsible for maintaining and stocking product displays, coolers and freezers and all other hardline merchandise. Able to maintain knowledge of current product location.
- Assists in responsibility to maintain recycling and compost adherence and all trash and cleanliness duties, per MGF Cleaning Guidelines.
- Aid in receiving trucks from distributors, vendors and MGF’s Off Island shipments. Collaborates with Stocking Supervisor for proper rotation of stock on and off the sales floor.
- From time to time other duties may arise and it should be expected they may be assigned.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Previous customer service and cashier experience preferred.
Apply for this position:
- Printable Employment Application
»» Click here to apply online.
- Printable Employee Reference Form
»» Click here to fill out an employee reference online.