Title: Production Baker
Dept: Kitchen & Bakery
Hours: Full time, including early mornings, nights and weekends
Season: May to December
Report to: Head Baker
Wage: See below
This position is central to our high-volume bakery program, which sells tens of thousands of fresh-baked pies, quick breads and pastries during our eight-month season. We bake “from scratch,” without GMOs, and pride ourselves on using organic flours and regional ingredients.
- Measuring, mixing, preparing and baking pies, pastries and other recipes.
- Wrapping products for the farmstand.
- Arranging the displays in an appealing manner.
- Ensuring all baked goods are completed on time for opening.
- Maintaining accurate food inventories.
- Properly storing food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Rotating stock items as per established procedures.
- Restocking bakery for subsequent shifts.
- Ensuring that the prep area and bakery are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial baking experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
- Applicants must be flexible, adaptable and able to work nights and weekends.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, starting at $13-$18/hour.