June is here and that means the return of strawberry season, one of our favorite harvests on the farm.
Our traditional strawberry festival has been looking a little different since Covid-19 entered the picture, but we’re still planning a Strawberry Celebration on June 12 from 10 a.m. to noon. Here’s a preview of what we have in store:
- The return of drive-through strawberry shortcakes in the field, with strawberry lemonade and seltzer available as well
- Live music and baby animals at the farmstand
- Chef Augustus‘s special green salad with housemade strawberry vinaigrette
- Raffles for prizes including an hour of pick-your-own strawberrying with friends, a custom-made strawberry cheesecake, and more
- An all-ages Strawberry Quest through Edgartown, with potted strawberry plants for the first 50 people or families to complete the quest over the weekend
So save the date, and get ready to celebrate all things strawberry with us — and our downtown Edgartown neighbors who are taking part in next weekend’s Strawberry Quest, including Rosewater, Christina, the Edgartown Yacht Club, the town of Edgartown and Wheel Happy Bicycles. More details to come!