Dept: Kitchen & Bakery
Hours: Full time, including early mornings, nights and weekends
Season: May to December
Report to: Culinary Director
Wage: See below
Also hiring: Cheese Room Assistant
This position is central to our busy cheese, charcuterie and repack program. We pride ourselves on our selection of New England cheeses, many from family farms. Pre-cut cheeses are merchandised in refrigerator cases and we put out samples daily.
- Check product dates and rotate stock daily.
- Cut, weigh and price cheeses for retail.
- Supervise assistant.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of product prices and PLUs.
- Monitor label pricing and inform the office of discrepancies.
- Keep retail area scrupulously clean.
- Create appealing product displays.
- Maintain accurate product inventories.
- Place orders with suppliers.
- Receive and properly store deliveries.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Collaborate with the Farmstand Manager to provide samples.
- 18 years or older.
- Commercial cheese experience a plus.
- Must have held a previous job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferred.
- This job requires patience and heavy lifting.
We are looking for people who want to work hard, enjoy the company of their fellow workers, produce a worthwhile product, and apply their energies to the success of our cause. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, starting at $18-$22/hour.