Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Recipe adapted from www.gardnercook.com
Sauteed Shishito Peppers
- 12 Morning Glory Farm shishito peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive, canola or coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Poke one hole in each pepper with a skewer, to prevent explosions
- Heat a skillet on medium, add oil and peppers.
- Sauté, turning every few minutes until the peppers are blistered all over. Be careful not to burn the peppers. This should take about 15 minutes. Keep the pan on a medium heat, because the peppers need a surprisingly long time to soften up in comparison to their size.
- Salt to taste (optional) and serve hot with:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 MGF eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces Cabot sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 to 12 shishito peppers, prepared as above
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and melt.
- When the butter is bubbling, add the beaten eggs.
- Allow the eggs to just start to set up. Then gently, using a small spatula, fold over the eggs, carefully breaking them up.
- Sprinkle the cheese, shishito peppers, salt, and black pepper over the top of the eggs.
- Turn a few more times. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with peppers and a toasted slice of MGF sourdough bread .