Title: Farmstand Specialist
Hours: 25-40 hours weekly, including early mornings and weekends
Season: May to December, or parts thereof
Report to: Farmstand Supervisor
Wage: See below
Under the direction of the Farmstand Supervisor, the Farmstand Specialist is an hourly position responsible for exceptional customer service in conformance with established Farm policies, strategies and procedures.
- Uphold a team atmosphere which strives to achieve the best possible customer experience.
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about current produce and all retail aspects the Farm supports.
- Be able to easily advise and assist customers throughout the farmstand.
- Operate all cash register transactions, cash, credit, gift card, check and house accounts with accuracy and efficiency while maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Keep check out areas clean, tidy and well stocked. Farmstand duties include the initiative to be alert in discovering price discrepancies, bagging, answering phone calls and retrieving carts from the parking lot.
- Assist in store setup and /or store closing procedures.
- Maintain and stock product displays, coolers and freezers and all other hardline merchandise.
- Assist in keeping the farmstand and middle room clean, with waste properly sorted for garbage, recycling, compost and animal feed.
- Aid in receiving trucks from distributors, vendors and MGF’s Off Island shipments.
- Collaborate with Stock Supervisor to properly rotate stock on and off the sales floor.
- From time to time other duties may arise and it should be expected they may be assigned.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Previous customer service and cashier experience preferred.
We are looking for team-oriented people who want to work hard and provide outstanding service to our customers. Good workers will find themselves in excellent company. Compensation is based on experience, $13/hour base.
Apply online »»